Borough gardening competition to return
Fareham Borough residents with a passion for gardening are invited to enter the Virtual Fareham in Bloom competition.
Entries open on Tuesday 1st June and will close on Friday 2nd July.
The competition follows last year’s first virtual version of the event. The Borough Council has taken the decision to host the competition online again this year due to the ongoing restrictions.
There are six categories to choose from:
• Best Garden – A garden of any size
• Commercial – Shop fronts, pubs, businesses and schools
• Something Small – Hanging baskets, window boxes or unusual garden features
• Community Floral Display – A street, community centre or sheltered housing grounds
• Young Green Fingers – Something children have planted or grown
• The Edible Garden – Growing your own produce at home or on your allotment
Entry is free and open to anyone who lives or has a business in the borough. Entrants need to email a photograph of their garden and a brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 2nd July. There will be two winners per category, both of whom will win a prize.
Executive Member for Streetscene at Fareham Borough Council, Councillor Ian Bastable, said: “Although it wasn’t the normal Fareham in Bloom, last year’s virtual event proved to be very popular. I hope residents will once again enjoy showing off their wonderful gardens and outdoor spaces.”
For more details visit www.fareham.gov.uk.