Renal Services, an independent provider of dialysis treatment, is proud to be supporting the World Kidney Day on 8th March.
The company has taken up the opportunity to arrange free blood pressure checks in The Meridian Shopping Centre, Havant and raise awareness about kidney health.
Renal Services is getting into the community and hopes to raise awareness of the importance of the kidneys, how people can look after themselves and reduce the risks of kidney disease.
The stand will be in the main square of the Meridian Shopping centre from 9am to 5.30pm on 8th March and it is open to the public. On the stand will be one of Renal Services trained nurses who will do the blood pressure checks and advise you.
Did you know?
· Kidneys are essential to our health and one of the most important organs in the body
· High blood pressure accelerates kidney damage
· Diabetes and obesity can also increase the risk of developing the disease
· Around 3 million people in the UK are under threat of chronic kidney disease
· Kidney disease can affect anyone at any age